Autism Spectrum Community Liaison Officer
Are you a dynamic and committed professional with a passion for helping people to turn their potential into reality?
Would you enjoy the challenges and learning opportunities presented by working in South Australia's recognised leader in autism, Autism SA?
If so, come and join a dynamic and transforming organisation that supports individuals on the autism spectrum, their families and carers, enabling them to be true to themselves, and to be brilliant.
Autism SA has a strong legacy of being a recognised leader for helping individuals on the autism spectrum and their families in Australia. People on the autism spectrum are at the centre of everything we do. Our expert team delivers a range of individualised and person centred services and support, train professionals and follow evidence based practice. With the biggest social reform for the disability sector among us, Autism SA is further embracing the opportunity for new, different and innovative ways of providing responsive and adaptable services.
We are now seeking to employ an Autism Spectrum Community Liaison Officer as a part of the Community Liaison Team to join the Autism SA family for a 12 month contract, with the possibility of extension.
If working with us would inspire you to jump out of bed each morning, contact us!
The Autism Spectrum Community Liaison Officer will be responsible for, but not limited to :
- Providing clear, consistent and expert information to individuals on the Autism Spectrum and their families/carers to assist in identifying available services and resources
- Identifying and supporting pre-diagnostic pathways
- Developing regional specific information and strategies to connect to communities, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, to raise Autism awareness.
- Providing non-clinical advice and information, and referring individuals/carers of individuals with disabilities to service options
- Proven ability and experience in providing positive customer service to clients and families via communication pathways
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and/or Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
This position is a 12 month fixed tern contract with the possibility of extension.
The position will be based in Netley.
For more information about this role, please contact Kate Tauba, Senior Autism Spectrum Community Liaison Officer: email@example.com
For a copy of the position description please contact Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications including a CV, statement addressing the position description and the contact details of 3 referees are required.
Significant staff benefits are available under Autism SA’s current Enterprise Agreement including salary packaging.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory DSCI screening child-related Employment screening and background check.
Only applications received via our e-Recruitment website or Seek, including the answers to the shortlisting questions, will be considered.
Applications close: Friday 17 November 2017 at 5pm
Interviews anticipated: Late November/Early December 2017
Help individuals turn their potential into reality!